Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Night Blogging

I'm going to try writing something each weekend to share with you. You may have noticed that there is a place to comment on what I have written at the end of each post. Until I find out how to get you online yourself, please feel free to say and post what you will, not just about my post, but about anything that is important to you.

It does not have to be school-related. Share with us what is of interest to you. Please use a pseudonym. You can send your real name with the moniker to me later via MAIL in WebCT. Remember you can do this while you wait for the pizza guy, your new best friend in Thunder Bay, to deliver the goods to your basement hovel. But I digress.

The weather is too cold and nasty to support any meaningful outdoor activities, for which T. Bay is justifiably famous, thus we are relegated to staying indoors and creating mini works of genius on our laptops while we wonder how much longer this lousy weather is going to continue. If it wasn't for my head cold, I would have gone to Lac des Mille Lacs this weekend for ice fishing with a few of my fishing buddies.

I don't really like ice fishing; it's too hard to troll and search for the ever elusive walleye (pickerel to Canadians), but I do like the company of my friends and a Breeze or two into the bargain. Did I mention how damn cold it gets out there on the lake? Luckily my friends have ice shacks right on the ice. This is good for me because basically I'm a wimp, and I don't like the really cold weather.

This weekend I will mark lesson plans, read student responses to work they were to read for class, check my WebCT for student comments and finish reading "A Thousand Acres" by Jane Smiley. It is a wonderful novel about farming in the American heartland. In fact, it won the Pulitzer Prize for literature in 1991.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home